Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Stupid Blue Belt

I went to adult class tonight and it was a pretty easy class. It started off with warm-up and the usual. Then we practiced our spinning kicks. We weren't doing too bad, actually. After that, we did a sparring drill- the 'attacker' does a roundhouse kick and you slide back and do a roundhouose kick to their face. We did another one but instead of kicking, we blocked and punched then kicked. Surprisingly, we had our one minute break right after that. When we came back, Master Kim came over to Donna and I and he told us to do one step sparring. I hate one step sparring. I HATE HATE HATE it. I don't jump high enough for any of my kicks. I'm short and I like to stay low to the ground. I've been there my whole life and I don't care if I get much taller (maybe to 5'4"...PLEASE?). So anyway, after that, we lined up and left. I can't wait to get my next belt.

I don't even want to highlight this class. I'm going to eat ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment