Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Good Spinning Kick (Yes...I said GOOD!)

So yesterday I went to class again. It was a family class (High and Low Belt). Master Kim wasn't there, so Mr. Furjanic taught.


We started off with the usual. If you don't know what I mean by that you need to go back and read all my posts again. Then we did two front snap kicks and double punch. Next we layed on the floor again and did the stupid leg lifts with our hip turned and our foot tucked up. We did probably about twenty on each side. We stood up and did some roundhouse kicks to the face. We did that twice on each side. Then we did a few sidekicks and had a one minute break. Overall, it was a pretty easy class. Next we practiced our form. Donna and I barely knew it, but we went through step by step and then section by section with Mr. Poccobello and we eventually sort of got it. Then Mr. Poccobello made the little girl we were working with do it by herself in front of us. After she had finished, he said, "Donna and Caitlyn, you can do it together." Donna moaned and he said, "Fine. Donna, by yourself then." Donna decided to do it together (good choice, Donna). So we stood up and sort of did it. Then we went through it one more time. We lined up and bowed and such. Then, Donna and I stayed after to practice spinning kicks. We started ot with a arget but after my first kick, we agreed we weren't ready for targets. Eventually, Mr. Furjanic came over and helped us. I love working with Mr. Furjanic one-on-one. He's a really good teacher. We were doing better when Miss Stottle came over. She helped us some more and by the time we were done she said we were doing pretty good.


Class Highlights:

Funniest Moment: While we were doing front snap kicks, Donna accidently kicked me. She immediatly blamed it on me. Luckily, it didn't hurt me. It hurt her though. I laughed like crazy.

Most Challenging Moment: Doing our form on our own! AHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment