Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Spinning Kick

Last night I went to adult class for my first time as a blue belt. It was already really hot when we were getting lined up. Luckily, there were at least four white belts so I knew it was going to be an easy class.

We started off with the usual front-snap-kick-double-punch-and-switch-feet drill and then moved on to roundhouse kicks on the floor. Then we got up and worked on speed for our roundhouse kicks. Master Kim then told the instructors who were there to take the white belts and do target kicking. Meanwhile, we practiced speed for our back kicks. Then we practiced the dreaded spinning kicks...duh duh duuuun! Me and Donna just couldn't get them. Donna wasn't too bad but I was horrible. I kept getting stuck... a.k.a. not spinning. Donna actually came over and helped me by holding my arms and basically forcing me to spin. I got a little better but then we switched feet and I failed that side too. Master Kim was actually laughing at me. Oh well...I guess I just need practice!

After the spinning kicks, we had a one minute break and when we came back, Donna and I worked on our one step sparring and form. Mr. Peters came over and helped us with our form. We did okay, but by the time I was done, I was really confused.

Class Highlights:
Funniest Moment: I slipped while doing a spinning kick and almost fell (Pretty boring funny moment, huh?)

Most Challenging: Spinning Kicks

Favorite Part: Form

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I still don't have that spinning kick! But I GOT THAT FORM DOWN! I competed with it and I GOT GOLD! First competition ever! I'm now a RED STRIPE!

    ReplyDelete